Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Journey Through Critical Thinking

When I first started this class, I can honestly say that I had no idea what analysis meant or what it entailed. Even now, it requires a great deal of effort to accurately use my critical thinking skills on written assignments. Many poorly written papers can attest to that fact. I am now confident in my ability to analytically examine a topic, and write an effective paper on it. Out of all my assignments, I am most confident in the critical thinking skills of my first timed write. This paper accurately portrays my analyzing skills as a writer.

This assignment was based on the movie “Bend it Like Beckham” and asked the question of how the film defines an outsider, and how it questioned my own beliefs towards what an outsider is. I was able to answer this question in an analytical way and also able to make it relatable to my audience. For example I started my introduction with: “a sense of belonging is like an onion. There is not just one thing that gives you a sense of belonging or makes you feel like an outcast. There are layers, and some are deeper than others.” This gave my audience a visual aid and at the same time broke down a complex subject into a way easier to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment